Programs and Activities
Funds raised by the PTA support many programs and activities, including...
- Ice Cream Social
- Fall Festival
- Multicultural Potluck
- Movie Nights
- Science Night
- After School Program
- Field Day
- Mariners and Sounders Events
Staff Appreciation Committee
Thanks to everyone who helped us make Staff Appreciation Week 2021 a great success! But remember, you don't have to wait for an official activity to show your appreciation to your hard-working staff and teachers. You can always send a note of thanks!
OVPTA Arts Committee
The OVPTA Arts Committee supports efforts and programs that cultivate creative opportunities for all Olympic View students. We work in close collaboration with OV staff and PTA community. The OVPTA Arts Committee is guided by the school-wide arts plan, which aims to strengthen current arts programming, deepen student learning in and through the arts, and prepare students as critical, creative thinkers. Liz Law and Kim Davis are the 2021-2022 co-leads of the OVPTA Arts Committee.
The OVPTA Arts Committee oversees/supports the following:
- OV Arts Plan (2020-23) supported by PTA and Creative Advantage
- smART Fridays program for Grades K-5 (fall and spring)
- In-school arts residencies for Grades K-5 (parent and teacher leads)
- Touring School Play - Taproot Theater Co.
- Annual Community Arts Project
- Arts Night (alternates with Science Night every other year)
- Art Docent - Jenny Hellmann (lead)
- After-school Choir (supports Music teacher)
- OV Spring Musical with Grades 3-5 - Jeremy Behrens, Adam Quillian, and Sabrina O’Brien