The OVPTA Arts Committee supports efforts and programs that cultivate creative opportunities for all Olympic View students. We work in close collaboration with OV staff and PTA community. The OVPTA Arts Committee is guided by the school-wide arts plan, which aims to strengthen current arts programming, deepen student learning in and through the arts, and prepare students as critical, creative thinkers. Liz Law and Kim Davis are the 2021-2022 co-leads of the OVPTA Arts Committee.
The OVPTA Arts Committee oversees/supports the following:
- OV Arts Plan (2020-23) supported by PTA and Creative Advantage
- smART Fridays program for Grades K-5 (fall and spring)
- In-school arts residencies for Grades K-5 (parent and teacher leads)
- Touring School Play - Taproot Theater Co.
- Annual Community Arts Project
- Arts Night (alternates with Science Night every other year)
- Art Docent - Jenny Hellmann (lead) - (click here for more information)
- After-school Choir (supports Music teacher)
- OV Spring Musical with Grades 3-5 - Jeremy Behrens, Adam Quillian, and Sabrina O’Brien