COVID-19 Safety Parent and Caregiver Group
Olympic View has a parent/caregiver group that supports strong COVID-19 safety guidelines at our school. This work is in partnership with families, the PTA, and school leadership. The OV COVID-19 Safety Parent and Caregiver Group exists to listen to feedback from families and support OV staff and teachers to help keep students safe and healthy this school year. Here are some ways you can get involved.
- Come at morning drop off on Tuesdays to our Masks for Kids table to ask questions about masks, get your child fitted for a mask, and get free samples of high filtration masks and mask adjusters for kids.
- Volunteer to support lunch outside - Sign-up genius link.
- Share your thoughts on how it's going - all feedback, questions, comments, and concerns from families is welcome! - anonymous survey.
- Attend a quarterly meeting. We hosted a parent/caregiver meeting on September 27th on Zoom. We will host our next meeting in January and will communicate the date and time then.
Here are two projects we are supporting this school year:
- Outdoor lunch. OV is looking to expand outdoor lunch for more students, weather appropriate. This follows best practices to reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19).
- Mask education and outreach. Masks are an effective way that we can protect ourselves and others from COVID-19. We are hosting mask information tables at OV. Every Tuesday morning at drop off we offer free sample high-filtration masks for kids, educational materials, ear adjusters and mask fit checks. We are also offering sample adult-size high-filtration masks and mask education to teachers and staff, as well as clear masks that can be used by teachers for phonemic awareness.
For more information, please refer to the COVID-19 Safety FAQ document, which is updated frequently.